Love Muffins for Project Open Hand
For every Love Muffins straw you purchase, we will contribute $1 to help Project Open Hand in their mission of improving health outcomes and quality of life by providing nutritious meals to the sick and vulnerable, caring for and educating our community.
Project Open Hand is a nonprofit organization that prepares 2,500 nutritious meals and provide 200 bags of healthy groceries everyday to help sustain critically ill neighbors and seniors as they battle serious illnesses, isolation, or the health challenges of aging. Learn more on OpenHand.org
The first bamboo straws organically grown + handcrafted in Hawai'i 💛
Strawai’i is made with YOU in mind and with minimal impact to the environment.
Each Strawai'i that you purchase :
- can eliminate more than 500 plastic straws from our oceans and landfills
- help protect Hawai'i's biodiversity and native flora by eliminating invasive bamboo
- creates local jobs in Hawai'i to provide financial stability to its communities
Our straws are also :
- 100% Chemical-Free
- Naturally Antimicrobial
- BPA-free & Lead-free
- Good for hot & cold beverages
- Never soggy and no discomfort of burning or cold lips
- Boiling & dishwasher-safe
- Artistically handcrafted with love
- Encouraging a lifestyle in harmony with nature
Only Available in Smoothie Sizes : length between 7 - 8.5 inches.
- Smoothie (diameter: 0.75-1.25 cm) - A slightly wider inside diameter straw, perfect for smoothies and shakes.
Strawai'i bamboo straws come in various sizes and are perfect for both 🍹ice cold smoothies and ☕️steaming hot coffees alike.
Your bamboo straws are safe and ready for use. Nonetheless, we always recommend rinsing before the first use.
Straw Cleaning Instructions
Bamboo straws are simpler to care for than we think.
They are washable in a dishwasher - yes, completely dishwasher-safe. Your bamboo straw has been sanitized in boiling water for 10 minutes and sun-dried.
To maintain bamboo’s natural structure and antimicrobial properties, please try to wash your bamboo straws after every use. A rinse with warm water should suffice, but you may also wash it with soap on a regular basis. A straw brush/cleaner can also be used.
Shortening Your Straw
Our coffee straws are shipped a little long, both due to us wanting to use as much of the bamboo as possible, and also so you can use it in any size container. However, if you find your straw too long for your liking, you can easily shorten it. All you have to do is sand down the ends to your desired length, and then rinse before use. A belt or disk sander works best, but you can do it by hand in just a few minutes.